Instructions for Creating Your Own Fundraising Page for Run Barefoot
Thank you for joining the 2020 Run Barefoot Team. We are excited to use the Mighty Cause platform as a fundraising tool again this year and trust you’ll find it easy to create your own page by following the instructions below.
1. Visit www.mightycause.com and ‘Start Fundraising’ (top right corner) to create your account. You can sign up through Facebook, Google or a separate email account, as you will see when the window pops up for you. If you have created a Razoo/Mighty Cause profile in the past, you’ll need to create a new profile and hide the old version.
2. Once you have created your account (you’ll see your name in the top right corner of the screen), visit the Barefoot Republic Team Page. You’ll see the leaderboard with all the different participants, and on the right side of the screen you’ll see a box with a green header that says “Join This Team.” Click on the Fundraise button in that box.
3. A new window will open showing steps to create a page. Click “Ok, got it.” Your fundraising page will now open with all editing options on the left.
4. “Title, Goal, Short Story, Duration, Description” are all preset for you. You may personalize this information as you see fit (adding why you are participating or increasing your fundraising goal for example), but please keep the information accurate and consistent with what was provided.
5. The only main editing required is the image/video. You can find our mission video here.
6. Click SETTINGS. The third step down you will see Checkout Customization. We recommend amounts being $13 ($1/mile), $26 ($2/mile), and $65 ($5/mile), $250 (Day Camp Scholarship), $500 (3rd -5th grade Overnight Camp Scholarship), $600 (6th -12th grade Overnight Camp Scholarship). Click Save.
7. The fourth step down in SETTINGS you will see “Organizer Tips.” On the right, click “Off.”
8. At the left of the very bottom page, click “Publish.”
9. You may continue to explore the social media sharing option or make additional edits, but your page is ready at this point. Click “View Your Fundraiser” and save your link. This is the link your donors will need to begin making donations.
10. Call us with questions. We’re not Mighty Cause tech-support, but if we can’t answer your questions, we’ll get answers.
Thanks again for running in support of Barefoot Republic Camp. This team provides an enormous boost to our scholarship program and enables us to send deserving kids to camp. We couldn’t do it without you!